Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Tribute to My Daughters!



Lately I have reallly come to appreciate my beautiful daughters (Kerstin, Cynthia and Shayla). As a mom when they were younger I know I didn't do them justice, not having any sisters of my own and having 5 older brothers I think I was just more comfortable around my boys, I had high hopes and dreams of what having girls would mean, but since my girls had their own personalities from the start, I was taught very quickly not only can you not live vicariously through your children, but that you shouldn't, because they each are unique. I think I also kinda had the false impression that my boys would always be there to talk to and share things with (when they were younger they did share more with me then the girls). I have found though that as my girls have grown they have become my best friends, they are the ones who call me to see how I am doing, they are the ones who recognize the reason I do blogging and take the time to comment and make me feel like it is worthwhile. I want all three of them to know that I love them and am very thankful to be a part of their lives! I have a new found love and respect for daughters and wish I had had more!

8 comments:

Kerstin said...

awe thanks Mom, this was sweet, while you have pretty awesome sons too, I have to agree that your daughters are pretty awesome ;) I love you!

Theresa said...

when you're done counting your daughters you can start counting your nieces,... you have a couple of those too. ;)

Theresa said...

i was just joking about that comment,.. hahaha in case any one thought I really meant it. ... What I meant was,... You should know some of us nieces love you and are looking after you too! :) but I didn't mean to make it sound like I thought you should do a nice tribute to any of us or anything,... it sounded like I was looking for compliments that that's not what I meant,.. I think I'm digging deaper hear,... Short Summary: Love You!

Cynthia said...

Aw, I just shed a few tears. This makes me feel very special. You're the greatest mom!!! I love you!

The Watts said...

Theresa, no reason to explain I thought it was a great dig, I am sure I would have said the same thing and yes I don have some pretty awesome nieces too.

KT, CC and Shay, I meant every word that I said, not that the boys mean any less to me or are any less awesome then I already knew I am just really learning to love daughters and you all are the greatest I couldn't imagine any better!

BDN said...

Haha. We truly are a family of boys. I love my brothers more than anything, but there is just something about a sister that makes you especially love them!! :)

So no worries, Mom, I know exactly what you mean! *hopes I have a few girls* *shall cherish/respect them*

The Watts said...

Lol, Ben you are the greatest, I never have to worry about you answering my comments, emails or concerns, that means a great deal to me....I love you!

Shayla said...

Thanks for counting me as one of your daughters and thanks for your kind words! I definitely lucked out getting you guys as in-laws. I only wish we all lived closer so we could spend more time together.