Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Legend in the making -18 years coming!!


I would like to take this moment on this special day of celebration to recognize 18 years of excellence in that of Benjamin David Nelson. As a mom I have a hard time expressing myself, but there is not a day that goes by that I don't thank my Heavenly Father for the greatest blessings in my life-that of my family and more especially my children. As I look back at the precious memories that I have of each one of them, I think this day of Benji, who from the start had a very special and compassionate spirit, as a very small boy he had a way of making you laugh and his smile was contagious. As he grew he recognized the underdog and almost always he would be cheering them on (that would not be the case with BYU football I am proud to say). I watched him go through very difficult times and saw how close he stayed to his family and more importantly to his Heavenly Father. I remember before his brothers went on their missions he would be found studying the scriptures and other materials with them as they prepared and was surprised when he started quoting scriptures and other quotes from prophets in attempts to teach others about life and the course that they were on. ( you are a huge example to me and have taught me tons!) I have seen him turn into a sensitive and loving Son, Brother, Uncle and Friend and am sure that all reading this would like to join in with me in wishing him a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! We love you Ben and are very proud of the man you have become. As a baby we knew there was something unique and special about this child

Over time he grew in stature and wisdom!
A Happy Boy!
A wonderful Brother!!!
A great Friend!
Popular with the Girls!!
An Avid Sportsman!!!!
Is there any wonder that this is a man to be reckoned with?


3 comments:

Kerstin said...

excellent! You figured it out!

Cynthia said...

This is great!!!

The Watts said...

yes, but it still took me 3 hours, oh well I needed something to pass the time at work!