Monday, September 29, 2008

Our Anniversary Getaway!


Our weekend away started off a bit slow because our meeting at work lasted a bit long, so we didn't get out of town until about 4pm, We started out by driving down to Salt Lake to Trolley Square (yes people do still go there, although it is under major re-model)to the Rodizio Grill, it is a very nice Brazilian resturant. Afterwards we decided to go to Temple Square since neither of us had been in awhile and I had never been by the new Conference Center either. We really enjoyed ourselves there, filled out a couple or referals and took pictures, as it was starting to get dark we decided it was time to head down south to South Jordan where we had reservations at a motel for the night. After checking in we decided to go out and take some night pictures of the Jordan River Temple and then we went to Cold Stone for ice cream, by the time the night was over it was late, so we slept in till about 8:30, got up, checked out and went down to visit my parents and David and Kurt, we had a nice time there for a couple of hours, but at about 2:00pm started for home as we were going to go through the mountains again to get some pictures of the fall colors, the contrast in color in just the two weeks it had been since being up at the mountains last was quite amazing as you will be able to tell in the pictures. We had a wonderful time, got home at about 7pm just enough time for us to have dinner before I went off to work. We also had our Primary Progarm this weekend and as I am a teacher in the Primary I had a part, I had made a deal with my kids that if they memorized their parts I would also, needless to say I was a bit nervous because my part was part of the Proclamation on the Family and it was not exactly a small part to memorize, it was nice though and as it turned out I was the only adult who memorized their part. There are some pictures of the fall colors up here in Utah in a slideshow to the side!

3 comments:

Theresa said...

fun fun. I've been to that rodizios before for work. :)

Cynthia said...

Awesome! It sounds like you guys had a great time! I'm glad! :) Love ya!

Kerstin said...

Sounds like a fun time, also your new pages are cute.