Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Surprise!!!

Thanks to all of you Obpa had a wonderful Birthday! Not only was he surprised by all of your kind wishes, but he also was blessed with a surprise we were not expecting when he got a call from Macie and Carlee late Thursday night, this was nice because although it was very nice to be remembered, (I had to work all but 3 hours that day) and at least two times he broke down in tears because he missed his little girls, finally he said a prayer and a few hours later the call came. We still are celebrating here, yesterday we had a little celebration at work with cheesecake (Darin hates cake) and today I am taking the afternoon/evening off so we can go to the Temple then finish the celebration. I actually told him though that when you get that old (he is 41) the celebrationg lasts a week. The video's of the grandkids were priceless and the kind words were appreciated! We love you all!!!!!

4 comments:

Theresa said...

yay! happy birthday darin!

Kerstin said...

I am glad he had a good Birthday! Cheesecake is delicious!

Cynthia said...

I'm glad it was a good one! I bet that was so nice to get a call from the girls! yay! Also, did he wear that sticker? Oh and cheesecake? Me want some!

Shayla said...

I'm so glad he got to talk to Macie and Carlee. What a great birthday present!