Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My weekend!

You will have to excuse me for this post being so late, I have been a bit under the weather and have not felt well enough to do much. We started our weekend by going to the Library on Friday and voting early, we are guessing it saved us time, as voting during the Primary took us about 2 1/2 hours, compared to the 1 1/2 hours we waited for on Friday, we both felt very good about our vote and encourage everyone else to get out and vote today! That day was Halloween and I could not resist carving a pumpkin I haven't carved one since having the kids around and I really missed it, I found online this program that helped you design your own pattern for the face, I had to hurry to get it done though because I started at about 4:30 and I figured the trick or treaters would be starting soon. I finished just in time, I made pumpkin seeds of course, Darin had never done that before so that was a treat. As we waited for the trick or treaters to come we watched "The Ring", we only got about a total of 20 trick or treaters as it started to rain, I had to be to work by 8 so we had a pretty early night. Last week I had had a sore throat and sore glands on my neck most of the week, but by the time I got home from work on Saturday morning it had caught up to me and was a full blown head cold or whatever, so I rested most of the day and didn't accomplish much. I did have to go to work that night and was pretty miserable but still made it, when I got home Sunday morning I colapsed again and unfortuneately didn't wake up for church, I do not like the way I feel when I miss church, so when we got up in the afternoon we watched a DVD on president Willford Woodruf, we were able to fast though and fasted for baby Seth and Darin's Aunt Alice who just found out she had cancer. Again we had work last night and I felt the worst I had felt yet, I went, but slept most of the night I am afraid, when we got home I once again slept most of the day. This time when I went to work I took some Alkaseltzer Plus and have felt kinda okay most of the night. Pretty much that was our weekend, we did get to talk to Kerstin's kids on webcam on Saturday and that was a lot of fun to have Landon sing to us. It was also nice to talk to Matt and Cynthia too. We sure hope all is well with you and are looking forward to the up coming Holidays!

4 comments:

Kerstin said...

I am sorry you are not feeling well, I hate being sick!! I voted today and luckly there was not wait. I am excited about the elections being over.

Theresa said...

I have to vote tonight after getting home from work. hopefully the lines aren't too long me and dan are going for family night this week.

That's cool you got to talk to landon and tori,,... did the library have a webcam or did you get a computer, internet and webcam for christmas or something?

Cynthia said...

I'm glad you are starting to feel a little better. Being sick is no fun, but it's good that you are getting rest, you need it! Glad you guys had more of a halloween than we did! haha Love you!

Shayla said...

I hope you are back to full health by now. How fun that you and Darin celebrated Halloween together! The pumpkin looks fabuluous. Thanks for thinking of Seth in your fast. He's doing great!