Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Ending of a Perfect Day!

Our Sabbath started out on a good note this morning, we even made it to church before the song or the prayer, which is a major accomplishment for us, since I get off work anywhere from 7 to 8 in the morning on Sundays and we have to be to church by 9. We had some wonderful talks on accepting the Lords will for us even amongst trials and one on virtue. Darin gave his priesthood lesson and was a little disappointed how it turned out but it must have went well since the Elders were the last ones to get out. We went home and had lunch then our Home Teachers came to visit and then while Darin went Home Teaching I made a pie recipe I wanted to try out before Thanksgiving it was a Sour Cream Blackberry pie.

Finally just after 4 we got down for our Sunday nap before work, generally we like this nap to be 5 to 6 hours because of our graveyard shifts that night, but today we only got about 3 1/2 hours sleep.


When we arrived at work and were getting out of our car we hear some screaming and yelling in the apartments behind our work where we park. At first we thought maybe it was a child being beaten because the man was so much bigger then the person he was beating, he was man handling her and would not let her go while she was screaming for help and for him to leave her alone and let her go. Darin immediately went to her defense and was ready to jump the fence as we could see what was going on because they were out on the patio of their apartment while this was taking place. I told him I was going to call the police and not to go over there, I had a sick feeling in my stomach. Meanwhile Darin and one of my co-workers were yelling at him to stop and that we had called the police, he started cussing at them and somehow the girl got away and started to leave, he started to go after her, but was distracted by those yelling at him to stop, he was yelling threating remarks towards them and at one time raised his shirt which revealed a gun tucked unto the waist of his pants. In the meantime I was out front waiting for the cops, which got there pretty quick by the way, I explained to them what was happening, the guy when he saw that the police were coming quickly turned off the lights of his apartment and slipped out the front to avoid being caught by the police, anyways to make a long story short he got away and here we sit tonight wondering if he is going to come back and retaliate in some why towards us. On a brighter note, we both are so tired and were concerned about how we were going to stay awake tonight, needless to say the problem is solved, I don't think we have to worry about falling off to sleep. Even amidst the fear in a world of guns and a lack of value of human life, I am grateful for a husband that didn't think twice about his own safty when someone else was at risk.

3 comments:

Kerstin said...

That is scary, I hope they are able to find the guy.

Shayla said...

Yikes. That would be enough to keep me awake as well! I sure hope they find the guy so that you don't have to worry.

What's the significance of the jalapeno cheetos picture? Did I miss something?

The Watts said...

Lol that was random, didn't have a picture and had them to munch on to help me through the night. If I was as clever as Brent I would have photoshopped in Darin's head or something, but I am not that smart