Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Hunt!

This year I was able to have my annual Easter Egg Hunt in Vegas with two of the grandkids, I was sad that the other 3 are so far away and could not participate, but hopefully someday they will be around to enjoy one. Luke, Logan and Timmy all helped me prepare for it and we invited Bryan and his family and Karl's family was out of town. Timmy decided this year that he was too old to participate and Logan felt guilty for having helped hide the eggs so he got the least amount of eggs. Brent's 2 boys proved to be Nelson's and non competitive like their father at that age, but I am sure they will learn soon enough. I think all had a good time and everyone was happy with their takings, this year there wasn't a tear in the crowd!

For those of you who do not know the history of my Egg Hunt, it all started back in 1985 when we lived in a ward in California that had an annual Egg Hunt for the primary kids, I took Brent and Kerstin and much to their disappointment one of them found one egg and the other got none, of course this was a appointment to a 3 year old and a 2 year old, so I decided that year that I would have an Egg Hunt of my own and that the way to cure the problem was to have enough eggs that the aggressive kids would not be able to pick all the eggs up before the less aggressive kids at least could pick up a nice amount, I did this by hiding no less then 2 dozen eggs per participant. To keep the cost down from year to year and to keep the candy edible, I would put nothing in the plastic eggs and to get the prize (money, candy or toy) the eggs would be turned in, thus I would have the eggs for next year and the house would not be litter with plastic eggs.












5 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh my goodness. look at baby seth! a baby no more... so did you use the stuff my mom bought for the hunt? cause she was going to do it I thought. great that you were able to do it for the grandkids. I notice you did get to use our house. haha. :)

The Watts said...

I think your mom is still gonna do something on Saturday maybe, not sure but I think Becky and her kids might still be here then.

Theresa said...

yes you're right. She was only doing it because Sariah always asks if she's going to and requested again this year. none of us are at home to enjoy it anymore so she doesn't do it for us. Too bad you guys didn't coordinate. could have done it on Monday for Family night before they left on vacation. also my dad is home,. .just my mom and the kids are off.

The Watts said...

unfortuneately I needed all Monday to buy and prepare for the Hunt as I flew in and only brought one carry on bag, besides when I made the arrangements with your dad I was under the impression that your mom and Becky would already be gone so I didn't even know that they were still here until I arrived Monday morning.

Theresa said...

well it wouldn't have been as hard to shop for if my mom already had most the stuff. You'd just have to fill in a little. :) but anyway,.. yeah I don't know when they left. it was either monday or tuesday whenever Erika and Justin got back and they had enough time to go.