Sunday, January 24, 2010

Adventures in Food!

Lately we have been eating a lot of Hearing and Sardines out of a can, I grew up on Kipper Snacks and Darin had a lot of Sardines on his mission so we have been trying to be healthy by getting our Omega 3's. Well yesterday when we were at Walmart buying our fish we noticed these little 3 ounce cans of Anchovies next to Hearing, neither of us had ever had Anchovies before so we decided that we would give them a try, without reading the label we opened both cans, I started by taking a tiny little bite of mine and about choked, I have been on my diet this last week and it has no added salt, so I just figured maybe I was very sensitive to the salt, then Darin decided to eat his, well he managed to down his in one bite and in the process about killed over. I grabbed the can and noticed it had 980 mg of sodium per ounce, I tried rinsing mine off, but the salt would not disapate, finally I tried a fillet on a cracker and it wasn't too bad, but I don't think we will buying Anchovies again anytime soon, needless to say both of our blood pressures went up yesterday.

3 comments:

Earl and Vickie said...

Like you, I don't mind eating Kipper Snacks occaisionally. But I get my Omega 3 in capsules. Anchovies are just TOO salty. Had them on pizza once by mistake, way to ruin a good pizza.

Theresa said...

what happened to uncle darin's blog? I couldn't get to it yesterday.

The Watts said...

He made it public and changed the URL so if you want to go to it just click on his picture and there is a link on my blog page or here is the link www.richitieschplit.blogspot.com