Monday, December 15, 2008

Tis the Season to be Jolly!!!




It seems that Christmas is around the corner, just over a week away. I love this season, but this year it seems like it has really sneaked up on me and found me nowheres near being ready. It has been a lot of fun these past few weeks having Luke stay with us and being able to do a lot of the traditional things with him, like the twelve days of Christmas and other activities. I think I have found myself spread a little too thin though, this last week I have come down with either a cold or the flu which has made me just feel yucky all the way around. I don't know if it is the change in schedule from last year or just a combination of things, but I do know this.....I hate being sick at this time of year. I have still been working 7 graveyard shifts a week between my two jobs, but now instead of 7 ten hour plus shifts, I work 4 eight hour graves with one swing at one job and 3 eleven hour graves at the other, this would be okay, but with Christmas coming down upon us and having Luke around, I find that I am getting very little sleep. We got our first really big snow storm this last weekend. I was suppose to go pick CC, Joe and Matt up from BYU Idaho on Saturday, but after I read the weather report, which gave a 100% chance of snow on Saturday, I decided that they would need to be ready for me to pick them up on Friday, this was a bit tricky, cuz Joe still had a test to take that afternoon and Matt had to checkout at his apartment and I had to be back at work at 8pm. Things worked out well and we arrived back home in Utah at about 7:45 without any problems and no snow!!!! Then next morning however it began to snow and snowed off and on through Sunday. We really enjoyed having Matt here until he flew out Sunday morning for Vegas ( that trip was not fun, a blizzard), and CC and Joe flew out this morning with no snow. I could not resist taking these pictures on Sunday of the kids eating their babyback ribs, I don't think I have ever seen them make such a mess before, but they were good! This week we look forward to trying to get better from my cold, catch up on the Christmas Shopping and getting ready for when the boys come at the end of the week or beginning of next week......Goooooooo BYU!!!!! And a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and a Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Theresa said...

I know it's totally sneaked up on me too and i'm not as busy as you are. haha. Hope you feel better soon.

Cynthia said...

haha great pics! I had a great time! I really didn't think my face looked like that! LOL!

Kerstin said...

Those pictures are funny. I love ribs, I think I will make them for Christmas eve. Sounds like a fun time.

Shayla said...

I've never made ribs for Brent. I bet he wishes I would. Especially after he sees/saw these pictures. He always talks about how delicious they are when you make them!