Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Where There is a Will

As you all know the past 3 years I have let my hair grow out to it natural stress laiden grey hair. Many of you have had your opinions and comments on it and while I personally enjoyed not having to hassle with the dying of it, I must admitt the vain side of me missed how young I felt with it dyed. Many of you probably thought that I was forced into not dying it and that simply was not true, the fact was that my husband was one who claimed to not understand why women felt they needed to do that and he felt that he could and would love me just as much undyed as dyed, I believed him and trusted him and so I proceeded to grow it out, keep in mind everytime he would mention that he thought a woman looked nice I had to point out that there was a 99% chance that they dyed their hair. Well many times he has told me if I wanted to dye it that was fine, but he did not want to be the one to try and pick out a color. Well anyways this last week we got some movies in the mail from Feature Films for Families and there was this film called "Where there is a Will", well we watched it and the old lady in the film is the mother from "Happy Days" and she is looking rather old and haggerdly and is basically given up on life, until she is reunited with her grandson whom she has not seen since he was a child. Well she gets a new lease on life, has eye surgery, gets some hip clothes and dyes her hair and magically she becomes a new woman looking and acting 20 years younger. Well at the end of this touching movie my husband looks over at me, takes me in his arms and tells me he wants me to dye my hair and that he knows that it will make me feel better about myself! Not only that but he wants me to have it done at a Salon and he wants to come help pick out the color. So today we went to Mastercuts (where I get my haircut) and had my hair dyed professionally for the 2nd time in my life! It has been exciting to see how hard it is for my sweetie to keep his eyes off of me and I feel fantastic! So if I had Brent and Shayla's Monkey Meter right now I would have to give getting your hair dye a #5! Below is a picture taken a couple of weeks ago and one taken after the dye and cut! What do you all think?






5 comments:

Shayla said...

How fun for you! Brent tells me all the time that he'd love me just the same if I stopped dyeing my hair. He even goes so far as to say my grays are sexy. Haha. But the important thing about what you just did is that you feel fantastic! I think the new 'do looks great!!

Theresa said...

the lighting in the pics is not so great haha and it's hard to see shades, but you look great! I've never been one to dye at home so it'll probably get expensive when I start dying it. I just have one song quote for you,... "Tivo where you gettin them colors,.. are you dyin' it?" - Air Force Ones (make sure if you go listen to this song to listen to an edited version cause the unedited I've discovered has serious language issues so I do not condone or promote the listening of this song unedited.)

Kerstin said...

it looks great!!!

Joseph G said...

GREAT!!! :)

BDN said...

Looks excellent, Mom!! :)