Sunday, April 19, 2009

An exciting week!


I would like to aplogize in advance for these pictures, while they are pictures that I personally took of these two temples in the last year, I did not have my camera this week while visiting these temples so they are not pictures taken at the time of the actual experience.
My week started out fairly normal, but by the middle of the week it was pretty caotic, as some of you may remember just a month or so ago, I had some changes at my other job and got a new manager there, the change had it's challenges, but in the long run I think it will be a good change. Well at this job I am at right now (the one that both me and Darin work at) we had some changes of our own 2 or so weeks ago, out of nowhere we were told that our manager was no longer working, this made things a little crazy, but our regional manager has been great through it all, luckily we still had a couple of assistant managers around to hold things together. For the last couple of months one of these assistants has made life miserble for most of the employees, by undermining our postion with the boys we work with, making it very difficult to work, well on Wednesday some of this undermining came to a head while I was at work and I got very frusterated (almost to the point of putting my 2 weeks notice in), due to these frusterations and some of the behaviors of one of the boys that assistant got into an argument with the regional manager and ended up calling him a few choice things then quiting very unproffesional like, right in front of the boys, which in turn caused some problems. As difficult as the behaviors of the boys may be, the staff has been very relieved and we finally have a work place that is practically stress free. Hopefully by the end of the week we will have a new manager, we could use your prayers as Darin has applied for this position and will be interviewing on Tuesday. If he gets the job we hopefully will be purchasing a home close by here in Ogden in the next month or so. On Thursday I had the opportunity of meeting Matt, Skyler and Seth at the Salt Lake Temple and going through a live session for the first time, this was a very interesting and wonderful experience and I would encourage anyone who can to take that opportunity sometime in their life to do so. On Friday night CC and Joe flew in from Vegas and on Saturday morning I drove them and Matt back to Rexburg, on the way we stopped in Idaho Falls and went to the Temple there, it was an interesting experience too, because it was much like a live session in that you went through 4 different rooms, but they still used the movie, it was an awesome experience also, although it seemed a little smaller then what I expected. After the Temple we went to Red Robin to eat then headed back to Rexburg where we dropped Matt off, then ran to the store for CC and Joe to get some groceries, after I dropped them off I had to head home to make it to work by 10. I think we had a great time and I am grateful for the time I was able to spend with them.

3 comments:

Kerstin said...

I really hope that Darin gets the job, let us know how it goes!

Theresa said...

Ok,.. I'm mad at the boys for not telling me they were going. I've been meaning to get to the SLC temple for a long time and I was probably here for work or something,... grrrr,...I've never done a live session either.

Shayla said...

I've only done one live session and it was in the Manti temple right before Brent and I got engaged. It was a very neat experience! Hope everything turns out the way you want it to with the job situation.