Thursday, July 30, 2009

The promised answer!

Last week we had a couple of scares at our house, it all started a week ago Monday when Darin and I were busy doing home improvement type stuff when Darin got this bright idea to sweep the very dirty stairs down to the cellar/crawl space, this was a good idea just not so good without a mask, unfortuneately he sucked in a lot of dust/dirty/mold and by Wednesday morning had a fever and a nasty cough, when I got home later that afternoon his fever was higher, so I took him to instant care where we found out that he had a chest infection, they didn't even bother doing a chest x-ray, but instead put him on a heavy duty antibiotic and a narcotic for his cough, by this time he was coughing up some pretty nasty yellow phlem, by Friday morning the phlem was looking like the picture in the last post, the funny thing is I knew he had this cough and in fact just before he sent me the picture he had told me that he had been coughing up some darkish stuff, but for some odd reason the only thing I could see in that picture was a ghost or a demon. As a side note on Friday morning at work I was having a bit of a head ache and touched the left top side of my head and there was this goose egg size bump on my head and it hurt to touch, the weird thing was I had not hit my head on anything and the bump was not discolored in anyway, it scared me a bit since it had not been there the day before. We went to instant care that afternoon, but the doctor was clueless and said he had know clue what was going on, but that if it didn't go away in two weeks they would do a CT scan. Well I don't have the head ache so much anymore (or I have gotten use to it) and it doesn't seem so swollen to me, but it is still there and it still hurts to touch. Needless to say it has been an interesting week and we are looking forward to a little better health! Sorry about the picture hopefully you can see the bump as it makes my head a little more squared at the top.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

yikes. you will have to keep us informed on your bump. Get well you 2.

Shayla said...

So it's been a few days. Healthy again?